WUMB/WAVM/Living Proof - The End

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Apr 14 15:19:23 EDT 2006

At 01:45 PM 4/14/2006, Eli Polonsky wrote:

>I'm guessing that one of Monteith's main goals was most likely
>not only to get the part-time WUMB relay on a more powerful 500
>watt WAVM in Maynard, but also to save Boston's northwest suburbs,
>where many WUMB listeners (and most generous contributors) reside,
>from adjacent channel interference to WUMB's greater Boston area
>main transmitter in Quincy from CSN's 91.7 Lexington application.

And another problem that 91.7 faces is interference from WUML 91.5 in
Lowell.  They seem to over-modulate at times (I have no instruments
to confirm this), and when they do, they interfere in Salem, NH with
WUMB's 91.7 signal from Newburyport, which is otherwise clear in this area.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH