Bradley Jay (Was Re: Gary LaPierre Undergoes Triple BypassSurgery)

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Sep 30 15:06:33 EDT 2005

At 02:51 AM 9/30/2005 -0400, Rob wrote:

> > > How old is Gary, anyway?  I was 13 in 1964 when I first listened to
> > > him, so he's gotta be pushing 70.
> >
> > I'm not sure the logic of this.  I was 19 in 1964.  Does that make him
>younger?
>

>Well...at what age might a young reporter get hired at WBZ in 1964?  20-25?

Gary was on the young side of that range - 21 or 22, if memory serves. I do
know that he told me once that for the first few years he was at WBZ, the
station deliberately didn't release any publicity photos of him because he
looked so young.

That would make him about 62-63 now, I think.