WWZN Reception in Schenectady, NY

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 21:27:03 EDT 2005

I personally have had fairly good reception of
WWZN/1510 while visiting family in Penfield, NY, an
eastern suburb of Rochester, NY.  I believe that WWZN
mainly protects WLAC/1510, to the southwest.  The
pattern is a little wider toward the northwest, but
still protects the former Sherbrooke, QC allocation.
The reason why 1510 does not do well in its' own
backyard is because of the higher frequency and is
more  prone to skywave interference.

73,

Peter Q. (K1XRB)

--- Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Could be the weather.  I'm serious.  I drove from
> Boston to my home in
> central Maine today, and it's been a freaky weather
> day.   Normally, one
> can't even get WWZN in Fitchburg.
>
> Doug

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)