Broadband?

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 12 10:03:15 EDT 2005

>Listening online to WCPE (89.7 Wake Forest, NC). Their website,
>http://theclassicalstation.org/listen.shtml
>says, " WCPE broadcasts via the nation's first broadband FM antenna,
>formerly only used for television broadcasting!" I missed that memo.
>What's that.

Two possibilities I can think of (both of which might be wrong):

- They're transmitting from a master antenna with other FMs (similar
to the setup on the Pru here), or...

- They couldn't afford a proper FM antenna, so they bought a used
TV Channel 6 antenna and are making do with that... ;-)

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu