High School Football On Friday

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 10:23:21 EDT 2005

As long as I can remember, going back to the late 1960's, Nashua High home
games were on Friday nights. There were exceptions on a couple of cases,
in particular when we played Fitchburg on a Saturday. This was done
because of fights that had happened the year before (mostly amoung the
fans outside, but some in the stadium).

The higher division teams in the rest of the state have tended to play on
Friday, where the smaller schools play on Saturday.

I can still remember when Nashua'a gaems were on both WSMN 1590 and WOTW
900.  WSMN always did a better job and WOTW eventually dropped the games.

John B
Derry NH