WRMO Milbridge ME on the air

Rod O'Connor rjoc@webtv.net
Sun Oct 30 19:29:26 EST 2005

Application shows station owned by an individual with a Green Bay Wisconsin mailing address. No local studio or mailing address given. Shows application was granted back in July. Original application for 50KW goes way back to 1996. I presume this is just an effort to get the station on the air at minimal power, before re-applying for upgrade.

Perhaps the more technically/legally-inclined on this list can elalborate on the proper procedures.

Doesn't a station have to have a public file and a studio in its' city of license?? In this case nothing is listed for Milbridge, or even in the state of Maine.

I'm tempted to drive down there sometime in the next week or two, when my work schedule permits; just to check this out, and scope out the facilities.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine