Charles River Broadcasting Puts Its Stations Up For Sale

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Oct 29 00:50:30 EDT 2005

On 28 Oct 2005 at 16:04, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> All this talk of "respect for Ted Jones's wishes" didn't keep the
> owners from dumbing-down the station to a disgraceful extent.  It's
> definitely NOT a "class act".

I've criticized WCRB on this forum on many occasions.  I don't like the repetition of certain
well-known works (currently they're obsessed with playing Handel's Water Music almost
every evening), and  I don't like the loud and annoying ads.

But I also must say, when I'm in my car and I'm in the mood for classical music, I check to
see what's on WGBH and WHRB -- IF they are even playing classical music; often they
aren't -- and I end up preferring whatever is on WCRB.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581