Somewhere, Laurence Glavin is celebrating...WCRB's for sale

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Fri Oct 28 07:38:54 EDT 2005

A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>Probably the thing that most effectively keeps WCRB classical is that it is profitable.

I wonder if that deal will have a Vermont impact.  WCRB's product, "The
Classical Station" is fed to Ken Squires' WCVT (101.7 Stowe) (improved
coverage here in Addison County although a hair more juice would be
better).  Same jocks, different voice tracks and for a network _very_
well executed and that's from a guy who lives for [a] good execution.

It's a decent product and good to have as a classical choice to VPR.
File under: A rising tide lifts all boats.

VPR has classical product after Morning Edition and until Terry Gross at
3 p.m  And, as our venerable Scott can best speak to, they are growing a
"VPR Classical" network of stations.  Hmm.....One wonders when
Chittenden/Addison Counties will be a part of the footprint?  ;-)

I am holding out against Sirius for as long as I possibly can, akin to
John Cleese in a sinking boat as people flail & bail with coffee cups
and he exclaims, with authority, "Nothing to see here, as you were, move
along."

Bill O'Neill