Like the old times at WBLM

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sat Oct 22 20:54:31 EDT 2005

Yesterday afternoon I tuned in to WBLM and they were playing "Panama Red" by
the New Riders of the Purple Sage.  Near the end of the song, it skipped.
They were playing the song from vinyl.

When the jock game on, he explained that he was playing an instant request
and that he had to dig out the album because they only had it on vinyl.  He
then went on to mention that the album had a Braille sticker on the front
because the first dj at WBLM was Steve Hoad, who is blind.

It was nice to here a reference to a station's history on the radio.  It was
also nice to hear the name of an old friend.  I work for Steve when he was
PD at WAYU in Lewiston in 1986.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine