WILD on 97.7, gospel on 1090

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:16:46 EDT 2005

>On 10/20/05, Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com> wrote:

> >The morning team, meaning syndie Tom Joyner?
>
> Names don't sound familiar.  It was the Coach and somebody.  I don't have
> the Herald here to check.

I did a little research and actually it looks like they had both. The
WILD _AM_ page
(still up) lists "The Tom Joyner Morning Show with Willie Maye on
sports". So a syndie show but apparently with local breaks,
where Willie comes in. (Almost like how the Today Show used to be when Ch 4 was
an NBC affiliate--there would be a local news break at :25 past the hour --Jack
Chase, Don Kent). I'm not sure where the Joyner show originates from
(don't think it's
from here in Boston, though) but it looks like Joyner, with local
breaks. And it would
now be on the FM side.

Am guessing if the AM side gets new calls, they could just call
themselves "WILD"
on FM...or who knows, may just keep to "WILD-FM" (yes, legally they'd still be
WILD-FM anyway, but they need to keep saying that so they won't be confused
with WILD (AM), now gospel)