WAVM Maynard High School License in trouble again

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Fri Oct 21 11:55:46 EDT 2005

<<On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:05:04 -0600, "Sid Schweiger" <sid@wrko.com> said:

> The "Candy Company" is only following its own rules.  WAVM is a Class D
> station in the reserved portion of the FM band, making them a secondary
> service and subject to being taken off the air at any time, should
> anyone apply for a Class A license on that frequency.

Scott and I discussed this the other night.  We're both fairly certain
that, if nothing else, WAVM could survive as a D on another channel.
Other channels that looked possible on cursory consideration included
106.1, 97.7 (would have to involve some arrangement with WYAJ), and
105.3.  (Channel 200 would work but is too close to the Canadian
border.)

There was not a CP for the WAVM upgrade, only an application, which
was apparently denied on Oct. 6 (CDBS is not telling me).  I'd
anticipate a P4R to be filed soon.  The file number, for those
following this at home, is BPED-19990726MA.

-GAWollman