Tom Cheek has died (WVMT, WJOY, Blue Jays)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:41:26 EDT 2005

Longtime Toronto Blue Jays sportscaster Tom Cheek has died at 66 after
battling brain cancer. He did University of Vermont and St. Michael's
games for WVMT and WJOY. He
called Blue Jays games from the team's inception in 1977 up until last year--
4,306 consecutive games.

I have an album of songs related to the Blue Jays which I picked up
while visiting Canada;
Cheek and Jerry Howarth do "play by play" as part of a rap/pop tune,
"Do It Again Blue Jays"
(issued in '93, the second of two years the team won the World Series)