We're cranking out 10,000 milliwatts of power!!!

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Oct 8 00:53:16 EDT 2005

On 7 Oct 2005 at 10:56, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> On occasion,
> the microphones he used were in reaching distance of the concertgoers,
> and they would take the bait, thus possibly altering the delicate
> balance Peter tried to attain.  So according to his version of the
> story, he put signs on the mics reading: "Warning:  47,000 ohms!"

I remember a conversation at a meeting of the MIT Science Fiction Society during the
Vietnam era which went something like this:

"The army has the capacity to induct resistors."

"Not if they get too much impedence."

"Maybe someone should write a coulomb about it."

"Any more of this and I'm going ohm."

This was on a Faraday evening, as I recall.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581