WCOZ/WCAS DJ and "FM underground" pioneer Larry Millerreturnstothe air!

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Tue Oct 4 08:55:53 EDT 2005

  Lou wrote:
>This has been a really enjoyable thread.  Reading this has reminded me of a
>product I used to see in the 70s (can't remember if it was Radio Shack or
>Lafayette)...  It was an FM tuner cartridge that you could plug into your
>existing 8-Track player.  Does anyone know of how well this did, or didn't,
>work?

I had one of those...didn't work worth beans.  Never had much luck with the
converters...unless you had very strong signals to work with they didn't
work very well.  They also had the selectivity of a barn door...a nearby
strong signal would overload it.

My first car FM radio (circa 1972) was an underdash combo 8-track player/FM
radio.  I think it was a Pioneer.  Used it for many years until I got my
first aftermarket in-dash AM/FM/cassette deck.  It was a Pioneer
"Supertuner", which was not "super" in any way whatsoever.  Piece of junk!