BRW: Sarandis to leave WEEI

John J. Francini francini@mac.com
Sun Oct 2 03:42:49 EDT 2005

Now there's a jingle that I haven't heard for a long time!

yeah, you're probably right. Even so, in a fairly liberal state, it's
rather surprising that so many members of the (largely home-grown)
on-air talent are conservative politically.

Nevertheless, as Bill Parcells would say, "it is what it is". As long
as they keep political mentions to a bare minimum (as Dale and Holley
do), I don't care one whit. It's when they make their politics a
front-and-center aspect of their show (D & C in particular, and Ted
Nation on occasion) that it starts bothering me.

I guess the second reason why it bothers me is that they're not
_good_ at the political stuff. When the politics comes out, the humor
and wit that marks the sports discussions seems to disappear. It's
outside their ken and they know it.

John

--
----