WBZ's new 'style'

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Oct 1 12:21:47 EDT 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Ed Hennessy wrote:

> Yesterday AM around 5:30 I heard a promo that stated "You give us
> 22 minutes, we'll give you the world!"

I've never understood why WINS specifies 22 minutes, since their news
blocks start every 20, not 22, minutes.  It makes even less sense for
WBZ, since their blocks start every 30 minutes.

If you counted the brief list of headlines at :18 and :48, that would
still mean that I would give WBZ 20 minutes, except if I wanted
sports, I'd still need to give them 30 minutes.

"The newswatch never stops" and now "give us 22 minutes".  What's
next for WBZ?  A teletype machine bed during the news?

Paul