Al Franken

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Nov 15 17:21:53 EST 2005

>>And as for AAR 'begging'-- or rather, doing on-air
fundraising, like Public Radio has done for years, how is that any
worse
than this from the Rush Limbaugh show:  "Support our men and women in
uniform by giving a subscription to Rush 24/7 and the Limbaugh Letter
to a
member of the US Armed Forces. He or she will receive unfettered access
Rush 24/7 online as well as every big, colorful issue of The Limbaugh
Letter "  Rush is charging $49.95 for a soldier to receive his radio
broadcast and newsletter.  Ouch.<<

I'm extremely surprised...and my surprise is obviously out of another
era...that Rush's affiliates let him get away with this, and with the
nearly continuous stream of promos driving people to his web site, using
the affiliates' air.  Have we already begun slitting our own throats
when we let crap like this go?

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI