WNEF Update

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 17:53:04 EST 2005

> > From: "Lou" <lspin@comcast.net>
> To: "'Larry Weil'" <kc1ih@mac.com>,
> "'Boston Radio'" <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
> Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:41:14 -0500
> Subject: RE: WNEF Update
>
> Wow... Pat Monteith is still working at WUMB. She was the PD
> when I was a student there in 1979/80.

She's been GM since (and before) they came on to the public
airwaves in 1982, and was involved in the station since she
was a U. Mass. Boston student in the late 60's/early 70's.

She was the main person who was actually responsible for
putting it on the air from the closed-circuit station it
originally was (after a lengthy complicated process to carve
out a frequency to be granted on the dial), and then for it's
transformation from a volunteer community/student station to
a paid professional Public Radio station with their joining
the CPB in 1986. She's been there her entire adult life, and
will most likely continue to be dedicated to it indefinitely.

EP