WNEF Update

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Tue Nov 8 20:57:14 EST 2005

I went to the WUMB member concert in Newburyport on Monday night, and
got to speak to both Pat Monteith (Gen'l Mgr) and Grady Moates (CE)
about the Newburyport 91.7 signal, WNEF.   Where they are now is that
the new antenna has been installed, but they are operating at half
power until the needed FCC approval is received.  They expect this by
the end of the month.

My observation in Salem, NH, is that they are already a bit stronger
than before, but still suffering from splash for WUML on 91.5.  I
listened briefly to WUML around noontime today, they were doing
foreign language programming, which seemed to me to be loud and
distorted.  I have no means to measure this, but it seemed to me that
they might be over-modulated.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH