could someone explain this to me?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat May 28 13:20:08 EDT 2005

>it was said--
>
>Maybe "unpatriotic" is a bit strong, but you've got to admit that Franken
>and his ilk tend to be of the "blame America first" mindset.

I can't admit that at all.  Why do my friends from the right insist that
anyone who criticises the war or the president hates America?  Franken has
been on countless tours to entertain the soldiers and was over in Iraq and
Afghanistan last year performing comedy along with a number of both
left-wing and right-wing entertainers.  I don't think it's fair to
stereotype everyone from the left as haters of America and I also don't
think it's fair to stereotype everyone from the right and fanatical
fascists.  But there again, that's my point.  I feel the extreme rhetoric
on a lot of talk shows contributes to simplistic (and often false)
generalities about "them"-- whoever the other side may be.