could someone explain this to me?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri May 27 17:20:40 EDT 2005

Wrong about the Franken show...he FREQUENTLY has guests from the
right on and treats them as fairly as if he himself were of the
same persuasion.  (I glean this from the Saturday "Best of..."
shows.)  One example:  an author whose name I can't recall
who recently compared the political scene to the Comedy Central
show "South Park".  The colloquy was very reasonable and mutually
respectful.  Another example:  recently right-leaning columnist
William Safire retired from the New York Times, a paper that
otherwise features leftist scribes.  Al Franken did a segment in
which he urged the NYT to replace him with a similarly
Conservative pundit.  By the way, the equally august Wall Street
Journal did  the opposite...when Al Hunt, their token liberal
op-ed writer left, the WSJ replaced him with a rotating list
of writers who are simpatico with their editoral bent.