DXing the Middle East

Blaine Thompson blaine@well.com
Mon May 23 01:27:52 EDT 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Scott Fybush wrote:

> >video from one of the Arabic news channels, no. THEIR crawl goes from
> >right to left. OUR crawls go from left to right!
>
> And upon further review, no, no, they don't. Reverse everything above and
> it actually makes sense...

Scott had it confused in terms of the way we read the TV screen :-)

I'm not the expert here, but I do believe written Arabic is read
right-to-left.

Don't ask how I know this...it's nothing personal, but it's off-topic for
me to explain :-)

Blaine Thompson
not in Boston and haven't visited since 1996
Fort Wayne, Indiana