'RKO launches blogger's show on Sun night

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat May 21 12:15:07 EDT 2005

At 9:48 AM -0400 5/21/05, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>radiotony wrote:
>>While it is kinda neat to have a radio show about blogging, is it
>>really a show about blogging or a show about conservative bloggers
>>who beat up supposed liberals?
>

>One one hand I suppose turnabout is fair play...we hear so much
>about liberal/leftist blogs that I suppose we ought to give equal
>time.  OTOH, how many listeners even know what blogs are or for that
>matter care?  Niche programming just got even narrower.

On the other hand, reaching even a smaller group is podcasting.  That
is when a show is packaged as a downloadable file, to be played later
at the listener's convenience on a computer or an iPod or similar
device.  This is getting popular enough that Sirius is starting a
show of sample podcasts, on Talk Central 148 weekdays from 6 to 10
PM, Boston time (see how I made that locally relevant!).

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH