WKMY 91.1 on air?

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Thu May 19 21:29:29 EDT 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 4:41 PM, Scott Fybush wrote:

> I'm hearing reports that WKMY 91.1 Winchendon is now on the air with
> the satellite-delivered "K-Love" contemporary Christian format. Anyone
> out that way hearing it?

Yes, they are on the air.  I heard their ID before the hour this
morning even though my reception was not good at the time.

Driving home on Route 2 heading west tonight, I picked up pieces of the
station around Fitchburg.  It did not become listenable until Gardner
and did not become clear until Templeton.  From there I headed south
towards Barre and the station was totally gone by the time I left
Templeton into Hubbardston.

I wonder why Winchendon, a town of less than 5,000 people, has two
radio stations:  WKMY and WOQL (97.7 FM).  WKMY can probably reach
Athol and maybe Orange, and the outskirts of Gardner, but I can't
imagine they can be heard in Fitchburg or Keene.  They certainly have a
small potential audience.

Paul