BRW: Celts to Entercom?

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Wed May 18 15:42:04 EDT 2005

Yeah, and the chances of the Sox going to 1510 are about the same as
Rush Limbaugh becoming a Democrat.  It ain't gonna happen, no matter
how much money Paul Allen throws at them.  If anything, the Sox would
want a station with at least the same amount of coverage as WEEI or
more, not less.  Infinity stations have begun to sour on paying big
bucks for sports teams radio rights since Mel Karmazin left, so WBZ may
not be as big of a player for the Sox games as some may think.   Still,
they may be in the mix along with Greater Media's WTKK.  At the end of
the day though, I'd be very surprised if the Sox aren't on WEEI in
2007.

--Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"