WNSH/WPEP

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Fri May 13 19:44:34 EDT 2005

  Scott Fybush wrote:

>So if WPEP came to the FCC and asked to move to, say, 1670, my contention
>is that it would have a very weak case. The "interest of the community"
>doesn't apply here, since any move to 1670 would be a voluntary one (and
>since Taunton would not, in any event, lose radio service.)

How much weight does this argument have with the FCC these days, especially
in an urban area with dozens of available signals?  It's not like many of
these small signal AMs are providing much of service to the community (or
at least specifically the COL) these days anyway.  Indeed, the whole
concept of COL seems a bit quaint these days.