1270 WLAW CP?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu May 12 16:11:21 EDT 2005

> This 1570 talk has me reflecting on what happened to the WLAW 1270 CP of a
> while
> back. I believe it was licensed to North Dartmouth, and I believe the
> owners
> (the Karams?) let it lapse after running into NIMBYism regarding the tower
> site.

That's correct - the CP has indeed lapsed.

> To play Devil's Advocate (and appease the "Save WPEP" crowd):
> If the 1270 CP was still alive, would the Taunton 1570 facilites work? (To
> be
> honest, I don't even know what WPEP's facilities are... ND? DA? DA-2? For
> some
> reason, "daytimer" sticks out in my head.)
> Would that be considered a "major change" by proposing to use the 1570
> stick(s),
> even if the distance isn't too far as the crows fly?
> And how would that affect the proposed 1270 pattern?

Even if it would work (and I think Dan's right that it wouldn't), it would
be considered a major change. The only changes you can make that are minor
are changes in power, changes in frequency by +/- 10 or 20 kHz, and
changes of transmitter site or antenna configuration. Changing COL (in
this case, North Dartmouth to Taunton) counts as a major change.