Taunton Gazette on WPEP facing deletion

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Thu May 5 07:44:29 EDT 2005

  dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
>I'm pretty sure that WSNE 93.3, though commonly regarded as a Providence
>station, is licensed to Taunton--and always has been. Hence, by its own
>rules, the FCC must reject arguments that WPEP's going dark will end
>"local" radio service to Taunton.

I'd be curious how much "local" programming WPEP airs in the first
place.  Most of these low-powered AMs have long since become almost totally
bird-fed.  Makes for a good story about those evil out-of-town owners, but
hardly accurate reporting.  I'd also be curious about how many people in
Taunton are even aware that the station exists.