Add 'Ben' to the list of radio station names

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Mar 28 10:04:08 EST 2005

At 09:47 AM 3/28/2005 -0500, Larry Weil wrote:
>At 09:01 AM 3/28/2005, Dan Strassberg wrote:
>
>>It would be interesting if the Philly 95.7 got some new calls that
>>"suggested" Ben--say WBNN, if that's available.
>
>I dunno, does anyone, aside from us radio geeks and the candy company
>(FCC), even pay attention to call letters when a slogan is used?

Actually, yeah - there's Arbitron :-)

I'm sure the diaries they get from listeners don't have many call letters
in them (aside from WBZ and maybe WRKO and WEEI), but the ratings reports
they send out are all done by calls, and I would have to think that ad
agency buyers identify stations primarily by calls as a result. So perhaps
the reason to still care about calls, from a station's point of view, is to
make sure that ad agency buyers can identify "WJMN" as "Jam'n," even if the
average listener can't...