Add 'Ben' to the list of radio station names

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 01:04:35 EST 2005

For Easter weekend this year I visited some family on
Ocean County, NJ and got the chance to scan the dial
while I was down there.  Sounds like we have another
new name to add to the list of station names that are
the name of a person.  WMWX (95.7) Philadelphia has
now branded themselves as 'Ben-FM', with the standard
"playing whatever we want" and "the best mix of the
80s, 90s and whatever" imaging that goes with that
format.  Is it just me, or does this actually sound a
bit awkward to anyone else on the list as an on-air
name?

                                  Matt Osborne
                                  Poughkeepsie, NY