Recommended Reading

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sat Mar 19 22:01:36 EST 2005

I wasn't commenting on the content of the shows or the actions of the hosts
but the way that the stations are marketed and positioned.  When I have
tuned in Air America on its Portland station, I was surprised that the
station itself was so directly positioned by an ideological and even
partisan label.  I had never heard a station positioned in that way --
individual shows and hosts certainly, but not whole stations.  (I accept
Garrett's point about Salem's talk stations.)  I wonder how such a clear
label on a whole station will impact sales?  I bet WGAN's sales would drop
if they started positioning themselves as the conservative station.

Dan -- My conservative friends would laugh out loud at me being labeled a
right-winger.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine