WHOB Nashua stunting

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Fri Mar 18 03:05:58 EST 2005

Brian Vita wrote:

>>Oh boy.  Another cookie cutter.  I particularly like how they've "trademarked" such terms as "Classic Hits" on their website.

I tuned in just after 6 and heard them play Joe Walsh, Stones,
Boston, etc., with "Frank" bumpers telling listeners "you said you wanted a station that..." blah blah blah. Well, people seem to like the cookie cutter classic rockers. Or so they feel.

I can't remember when it happened exactly, but there was a station in Minneapolis that dubbed themselves "Bob" with the slogan "Turn
Your Knob to 'Bob'". Soon afterwards, the comedy show Mystery
Science Theatre 3000 (produced in Brainerd, MN, not far away)
had some comedy bits in which character
TV's Frank (Frank Conniff) decided to start a radio station named
after himself, with the slogan 'Turn your crank to Frank'. And later,
stations with names like Frank did pop up in reality!