WHOB Nashua stunting

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:43:53 EST 2005

<<On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:38:41 -0500, "Brian Vita" <brian_vita@cssinc.com> said:

> Oh boy.  Another cookie cutter.  I particularly like how they've
> "trademarked" such terms as "Classic Hits" on their website.  Next they'll
> be trademarking terms such as "email usTM" and "nextTM".

They can claim a trademark all they want, but I seriously doubt they
could make it stick.  Unlike, for example, "Kiss", which is a name,
"classic hits" is (arguably) merely a description, and mere
descriptions are not subject to trademark protection.  (IANAL but I do
try to keep up with Intellectual Property law.)

-GAWollman