WAZN And WBET Missing?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Mar 17 14:12:09 EST 2005

I'm taking today (03/17) off (wanna guess why?) and I did a
quick AM dial scan at about noon, and it appears that both
WBET-AM 1460 in Brockton and WAZN-AM 1470, COL Watertown, MA (?)
are both off-the-air.  I can see how WAZN with a brand-new
and only recently-tested array might be doing some
tweaking, but a long-established outlet with a non-directional
daytime license?  The only thing I can figure with
WBET is that somebody failed to make the facilities switch
at 6:00 and they're still running 1KW-DA, and since I live
well north of Brockton it's failing to register.