New Maine AM?

Rod O'Connor rjoc@webtv.net
Mon Mar 7 21:01:42 EST 2005

There is also an application for a new AM on 1240 in Ellsworth, and isn't there also an application for 1230 in either Hermon or Hampden, outside of Bangor?

I wonder if the Alpine Broadcasting mentioned in the link is the same company that used to own WHOM back in late 70's, early 80's.  (Probably not)

I still have a sign-on from WHOM circa 1979 on a cassette tape I found recently while cleaning out files, tape reels, old air-checks and junk on a cold snowbound day.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine