WBOQ 104.9 to Carry Red Sox?

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:11:26 EDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:45:50 +0000, "Rogerkola" wrote:
> WBOQ Beverly/Gloucester has just announced they intend to pick up the Red >
Sox after the All Star Break....in an area well covered by WEEI, why would >
the Flagship station give up the revenue?

> I don't believe they are filling a "hole" in coverage....but maybe I'm missing
something (more than usual that is...)

Could Tanger be transferring the Sox from his new purchase 1450 and putting it
on 104.9, in an effort to give the Sox a higher-powered affiliate on the North
Shore? (I'm not 100 percent certain that WNBP is a Sox affiliate, but they have
been in recent years.)