Opportunity Night

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jun 28 13:00:13 EDT 2005

I'm working on an article about talent shows, and here in Quincy in the 30s
and 40s our local theatre used to hold "Opportunity Nights" when anyone
could perform, and locals competed for small prizes as well as for the
promise of exposure on radio-- kind of like the much better known Major
Bowes or Ted Mack's Amateur Hour, and certainly a precursor to TV shows
like Star Search and American Idol.  Do any of you have recollections of
hearing LOCAL radio talent shows, or pehaps you have relatives who were on
them?