Is the Boston Herald replacing Dean Johnson?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Tue Jun 21 17:00:09 EDT 2005

Of course, here your talking about MUSICAL programming.  I get
news, ideas, commentary, dialogue and LAUGHS from radio
(I love "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me") nearly every day.  For
music, I have CD's and I venture into metro Boston at
least twice a month to attend LIVE concerts.  Even with WGBH-FM's
reduction in musical programming, it still has "Symphonycast"
on Sunday afternoons and "From the Top" Sunday evenings
when I'm home, otherwise I listen to it on Maine Public
radio on Mondays (or more likely tape it from WMEA).
By the way, one "concert" I attended two weeks ago was a
taping session of "From the Top" at Jordan Hall to be aired in
October.  They put on a presentation that took close to
90 minutes...if you've heard the show and thought it was
pretty slick for a program of untested adolescents
(although VERY talented and VERY well-trained), I suspect that
many miracles are performed in the editing room!