CCU dumps maine station

Rod O'Connor rjoc@webtv.net
Wed Jun 8 19:47:15 EDT 2005

Hey folks
Yes WNSX is a 50kw on 97.7. They haul it out from Peaked Moutain just a few miles north of Route 1 in Sullivan, ME

They have been wasting their signal on a relay of the "Fox" 101.7 WFZX Searsport/Bangor  recently; although I will credit them will local HighSchool Basketball coverage this past winter.

Their signal; coverage is quite good. East of Bangor, almost down to the Canadian Border.

I hope they do get some local coverage with their new owners. DownEast Maine
really needs some LOCAL coverage. Aside from Rick Foster's early morning local show on WDEA-1370 and local non-comm WERU  89.7  there's not a whole lot of local news/info outside of the Bangor
clones.

BTW the Osborne's ran local WKSQ 94.3 (then upgraded to 94.5 in mid 80s) since its' inception in 1982/83

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine