WBZ 1/2 Hourly IDs Revamped

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 17:00:00 EDT 2005

 roger kirk noted:
>>With a big nod to WRKO's world-acclaimed News ID,
WBZ-1030 has recut their Top (and Bottom) of the
Hour IDs.  With virtually no orchestration, far more percussion,
a totally new "big" voice and no reference to the
licensed wattage and/or the number of hours in a day
- (snip)
Kudos to the new imaging. <<

But: as radio geeks, isn't there a certain mystique & tingle that comes
with the "50,000 Watts of Power!" thing?  Other than Jonathan Richmond &
His Modern Lovers, we don't hear many 50kw references anymore.  I have
to admit, I'll haven't heard them yet today as I was listening to Howie
rail about "the heat" in Boston today.
Note: 73 in Portland-by-the-Sea right now.  How hot IS it in E.Cambridge
today that they had to close the courthouse?  I heard one story mention
an inside-reading of 86 (F).

- -Chuck (I'm not shoveling snow so I'm not complaining) Igo