"On The Media" Airs Fridays On WGBH-FM

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Jun 3 18:14:51 EDT 2005

At 05:30 PM 6/3/2005, Laurence Glavin wrote:

>Because a five-day work week is too much for Chris Lydon's delicate
>physique, WGBH-FM is now airing "On the Media" Fridays at 7:00 pm
>(or actually after the 7:00 pm NPR news).  This means that if you
>can't catch 'OtM' Sundays on either NHPR or WBUR Sundays, try checking
>it out on 89.7 (also 89.5 and soon 94.3).

I don't know what they're smoking there at GBH?  On the media is an
interesting program to which I listen when I can.  But, is this really what
listeners want when they are starting to relax into the weekend on Friday
evening?

I think it is to their credit that WGBH is making this program available at
another time for those who don't catch it on WBUR, NHPR, or Sirius, but I
think their scheduling is wrong.  They are just using it to plug a hole in
their schedule, and not thinking things thru.

As for what they should have on at that time, I think they should put Ron
Della Chiessa's jazz show back at that time.  Currently, due to the magic
of voice tracking and/or old fashioned tape, RDC is airing opposite his own
show on WPLM.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH