News about Air America

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 03:21:08 EDT 2005

> > >    ...instead of just telling the
> > > truth about it, most conservative syndicated hosts just lie.
> >
> > I thought we went thru this already?
> >
> > That's quite a leap to an accusation.
>
> Al Franken does a great job of pointing out right wing lies.  He regularly
plays a clip from
> Rush or Bill O'Reilly and then takes it apart with cited facts.

Incorrect facts do not make lies.

A lie implies intent.

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

Using the word 'lies' is simply lobbing a verbal bomb into the
discussion...and not accurate.

Unless, of course, Mr. Franken is clairvoyant and knows everyone else's
intent.

> > > The majority of
> > > talk hosts would rather protect their ideology than tell folks the
> > > honest truth about problems going on in our nation. It really is a
> > travesty.
> >
> > How about liberals, do they do this too?
>
> I don't listen to all of them, but I'm not under the impression that any
liberal talk host
> deliberately lies, as certain right-wing columnists do.

See above.

And Franken's continued blatant use of the word 'lies', when there is no
apparent proof of intent, is disingenuous, incorrect and an attempt to
decieve.