ESPN 890/1400 debuts

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:05:46 EDT 2005

A small item in yesterday's Globe mentioned there would be a "soft
launch" of ESPN 890
and 1400 with the Cubs-Cardinals game last night. Sure enough, there
it was (after some
stunting, as I understand...I was driving home from Philadelphia and
tuned to 890 just
before Worcester on the Pike....Signal got better after Worcester and
continued to do
well on I-90 east and then I-95/Rt 128 north, though it seemed to get
weaker after
I got into Peabody, Danvers, etc. This was at twilight and then again at night).

They ran promos for their shows, including Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick,
etc. I think they may be running Jim Rome too...though I believe Rome
is syndicated by Premiere.) Right now Mike and Mike are on and they
just talked to Jeremy Schaap about Lance Armstrong.