WSMN Sold And Expected Back On The Air Soon

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 23:43:13 EDT 2005

There have been some incarnations of both 900 and 1590 Nashua that I found
dreadful to listen to. However, more often than not I do and did listen to
the Nashua stations because that is were is was born and grew up. Even
through many of the various formats, the local programing/news/weather
provided some consistency from format to format.

I may be a radio geek but I'm always talking up the local programming on
stations such as WASR 1420 Wolfeboro and WKXL 1450 Concord. One person I
was talking to from Concord had resigned himself to listening to 99
44/100% XM radio, lamenting the death of local programming.  He
unfortunately tuned back in late in the evening when classical music was
playing, not in the morning during the heavy news and local programming
segment.

I look forward to WSMN's return to the airwaves. Since I'm working mostly
in Nashua, I should be able to hear whatever small signal they put out.

Both Nashua stations get/got to be real tough copy out here in Derry about
1.5 to 2 hours after sunset, but I just tweak my Yaesu FRG-7 a bit if I
really want to listen.

Nashua at one time was AM radio hungry enough to support both Bargain Box
and Swap Shop. It still generated a healthy string of calls daily until it
was eliminated in favor of Todd and Arnie's 3 hour live show.

Oh if only WDER 1320 Derry would go back to the program they had in their
first several years, I'd be happy.

John B
Derry