WABC 770 off air Friday morning

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 00:47:43 EST 2005

It is now 12:36 AM Friday morning, and I just noticed
a posting to a New York City radio board that WABC 770
was off the air.  So I went out to my car, tuned the
radio to 770, and WABC was indeed off the air.
Underneath some splash from WBBM (780) and WJR??
(760), I was able to make out a station playing
spanish music, and then a little battle ensued with
another very weak station that was airing what sounded
like a spanish talk format.  Any ideas what these
stations are that I was hearing?  How unusual to hear
a frequency like 770 AM silent a mere 75 miles north
of NYC proper

                              Matt Osborne
                              Poughkeepsie, NY