NHPTV "Underwriting" Message (Or Commercial?)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Jan 16 16:30:05 EST 2005

>From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
>To: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>
>Subject: Re: NHPTV "Underwriting" Message (Or Commercial?)
>Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:17:47 -0500 (EST)

> <<On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:09:37 -0500, "Laurence Glavin"
> <lglavin@lycos.com> said:
>
> > No, "Wall $street Week w. Fortune" continues to be broadcast by
> > channel 2 on Fridays at 10:30 pm.
>
> I would note, by the way, that "Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street" ended
> its production run on December 31 at Rukeyser's request; he announced
> in August that he will not be returning to TV, although his (probably
> more lucrative) newsletter and cruise business continues.
>
> -GAWollman

That's assuming his health will allow such activities.  I keep a close
eye on all matters media, and I haven't read or heard a word about
how Louis is getting along, not even from CNBC.  BTW,
several months ago, Consuela Mack made an interesting career
move:  she quit the commercial "Wall Street Journal Report"
(as opposed to the one on PBS), to host the "Wall Street Week with(out)
Louis Rukeyser" on CNBC.  Maria Bartiromo took over her old
job.  Now Consuela is idle, while Maria gets pretty interesting
guests on her show, presumably just for the  opportunity to
take a message to Maria!