Nashua Telegraph writer on Nashua Radio

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sat Jan 15 17:59:47 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Kolakowski" <rogerkola@aol.com>
To: "Daniel Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Garrett Wollman"
<wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>; "SteveOrdinetz" <hykker@grolen.com>
Cc: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: Nashua Telegraph writer on Nashua Radio

> I didn't think the FCC was worried about ratings or "leveling the field"
> as
> the Chairman so recently explained regarding the recent decisions on
> censorship...BTW...you missed the smiley face at the end Dan

I did.  Sorry about that.

Another problem with the old style of local service is most people do not
live and work in the same community any more.  Most of use live regional
lives -- working in one place and community 30 to 60 minutes to another for
work.  The regional stations fit these patterns of living.

I am for getting the FCC out of programming all together.  They should be in
the business of strictly enforcing technical requirements and the few
remaining ownership limits and nothing more.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine