Imus

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Fri Jan 7 17:33:54 EST 2005

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>The Boston Herald suggested he may be stepping over certain
>formerly "bright" lines to set the stage for a Stern-
>Bob Edwards-like switch to satellite...but his occasionally
>frail health and age would probably make such a move unlikely.

I'd considered that possibility as early as December when he'd joke
about working for Mel again and then laugh it off.  I figure it's just a
way to rattle the pans on contract renewal with Viacom.  Imus does have
respiratory problems, to say the least, and is still putting in a very
busy day for a person of his age/health.

The only way I could see Imus going to Sirius would be if there was a
deal with CBS TV for the morning show or if MSNBC were to become the
host studio and up the visibility as with NBC, ABC, Fox AM products.
He's long complained about the dank basement studio at WFAN.  Imus and
his group "travel well" and work well with a live audience.  I could
envision something that could give them that exposure without the travel
that would need to go with it.

Another question it raises is when Imus does take the gold watch, what
will come of his broadcast team?

Bill O'Neill