Walmart and freedom of the press

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Jan 7 17:07:56 EST 2005

>From: "John Bolduc" <n1qgs@yahoo.com>
>To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
>Subject: Re: Walmart and freedom of the press
>Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:36:45 -0800 (PST)

> This past September at the Wal-Mart in Derry NH they had a Race Car
> promotion for a car the were sponsoring at the NH Inter'l Speedway. I took
> about a dozen photos of the display. While I was at it took about five or
> six photos of the outside of the building, in particular the outdoor
> security cameras, and one photo of an employee (face obscured) using a VHF
> portable radio. (I do write for two radio hobby magazines). I was never
> warned not to do so.

As Sam Poulten used to say: I have a quizzical question...aren't many
Wal-Marts in malls with other stores that (incredible as it sounds)
sell stuff the the ubiquitous predatory retailer doesn't?  Does W*M
actually OWN the land on which these boxes sit?  Thus if a fire
or robbery happened at a carpet store next to W*M, then what?
BTW their outlet in Methuen is a rare non-big-box operation;
it took over the space vacated by Caldor and is surrounded by
other stores and The Loop.