Imus

Steve West stevewest106@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:46:03 EST 2005

This was reported on allaccess also.

Whatever happened to the days when radio folks didn't stray into the foray
of foul language and disparaging comments?  Gone, along with 70s-style
formatics and requirements for news and legal id's every 30 minutes, I
guess.

This all does make me wish for the old days.  On the other hand, look at
Imus.  He's considered a feeble, old guy, not even close to on par with
Stern - yet 20 years ago Imus was king of NYC radio and Stern tried his best
to outdo his morning show rival on WNBC.  Got himself fired in the process
in '85.  I think Imus tries to get as close to the edge as he can to remain
competitive.  IMHO, he probably doesn't even feel about Jews what his
comments reflected.

Time was when the I-man made everyone a target.  In some ways he still does,
but he just doesn't have it anymore.